Wednesday, November 7, 2007

First Blog & Phanatik's Release Party

This is my first blog and what I would like to do is explain the purpose of this blog and what you can look forward to seeing. The purpose of this blog is THE GLORY OF GOD. The whole purpose of our existence is to glorify the creator (1 Corinthians 10:31). As I choose topics to write about, what I want you to see is the depravity of man, man’s inability to please God on his own, man’s need for a savior, and that savior being Jesus Christ. I want the beauty of Jesus to be that which shines forth most in all that is said. I want the beauty of the trinity to be seen. I want the Bible to be the lens through which the world is seen. I want the gospel to shine forth so that God may use this to draw men to himself if he so chooses. There are infinite reasons for which I hope that this blog will be used for. I say infinite because God in his sovereignty has ordained that this blog exist, and his ways are beyond my comprehension, and his purposes are greater than mine (in quantity and quality). So, I pray that God be glorified and that His will be done, through this blogging effort.

What you should look forward to in this blog are the following:

Excerpts from my personal Bible study.
Excerpts from my youth group Bible study.
Current Events looked at from a Biblical perspective
Album Reviews (Both Secular and Christian)
Movie Reviews
Book Reviews
Upcoming Events
Random Thoughts
Etc., Etc., Etc….

Basically, I’m going to talk about whatever is on my mind, or that which I find (as God leads) relevant to today’s culture.

I will be trying to have guest bloggers on here as well to help with accomplishing the purpose of this blog.

Please feel free to leave comments. I hope to spark conversations that will lead to a better understanding of God’s Word, to the praise of His glory. If you disagree with things that are said, feel free to comment. I hope to learn from others as much as I hope others can learn from my feeble attempts to teach God’s Word.

I feel like I’ve been writing forever so I’m going to end this blog with a promotion. On Saturday December 1, 2007, there will be a release party in Philly for Phanatik’s new LP: Crime & Consequences. This album is definitely a banger, so go pick it up and support Phanatik by coming out on December 1, 2007. Below is all the info. If you have any questions, let me know. Also, check out the Press Kit for the new album at the bottom of the page.

http://www.crossmovementrecords.com/

Phanatik's
Crime & Consequences
Album Release Party / Birthday Bash

Also celebratin the Spiritual Jail-Cell Breakin' of...
Da' T.R.U.T.H., R-Swift, Badia, Thi'sl, Stephen the Levite,
FLAME, shai linne, Json, Everyday Process& Dj Skill Spinz

Saturday - December 1, 2007

Doors Open at 6 PM

Calvary Chapel
13500 Philmont Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19116

Free Admission
(free-will offering will be taken up)

THEN...

Head on over to:

The After Party
@ Epiphany Fellowship
17th & Diamond St.
Philadelphia, PA
10:30pm - 1:00 am

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Phantik?

Anonymous said...

i think the site is a great idea and i wish you the best of luck with reaching people!

Anonymous said...

Hey dante this site is prettttttty awesome! and yea i have no idea who phanatik is either!

Anonymous said...

Phanatik is a rapper in the group named "cross movement" i have never listen to his CD but i have listened to the ambassodor; who is anothe rrapper in cross movement, i may go check this show out

dante gabrielli said...

What's up everybody? First I wanna thank you guys for checking out the blog, I hope that God will use this for our benefit and His glory.

I guess the main question here is "Who is Phanatik?" Well, anonymous #3 is correct. He is a memeber of The Cross Movement. The Cross Movement is a Christian Rap group that have been around for 10 years now and have done amazing things for Christ through Hip-Hop. They now have a record label with many artists on it. You can check their website out at www.crossmovementrecords.com. Phanatik is an amazing lyricist who keeps Christ the focus. His lyrics are very complex, but Christ is obviously the focul point. He has two CD's out now, his first was "The Incredible Walk" and his new one is "Crime & Consequences." I hope to have a review of this album up soon. Hopefully some of you guys can make it up to the release party. To here some tracks off the album and to here Phanatik talk about the album, watch the YouTube video at the bottom of the page.

Laura & Anonymous #2, I appreciate the encouraging words, and I pray that God will use this to strengthen your walk with Christ and to glorify himself.

If you don't mind me askin, how did you guys find the site?

dante